Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community

(JavaScript Error)




linked to

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Well...?


Well... I guess I should have some kind of post election election/voting post... so here it is...

It's like we are still back in the days of the Civil War...

By the way... did we get cheated in this election? (thanx to Fawnee for this link to a huge amount of info and resources)

Yes it was clear we did.

Kerry Won. Here are the Facts.:

"I know you don't want to hear it. You can't face one more hung chad. But I don't have a choice. As a journalist examining that messy sausage called American democracy, it's my job to tell you who got the most votes in the deciding states. Tuesday, in Ohio and New Mexico, it was John Kerry.

Most voters in Ohio thought they were voting for Kerry. At 1:05 a.m. Wednesday morning, CNN's exit poll showed Kerry beating Bush among Ohio women by 53 percent to 47 percent. The exit polls were later combined with and therefore contaminated by the tabulated results, ultimately becoming a mirror of the apparent actual vote. Kerry also defeated Bush among Ohio's male voters 51 percent to 49 percent. Unless a third gender voted in Ohio, Kerry took the state."



Some maps to ponder...

Some better Maps and cartograms from this election...


Rude Pundit seems to have it about right - We are occupied...

"There's a certain level at which we need to think about ourselves as insurgents in an occupied country. And, as we all know, no one likes to be occupied. That doesn't mean violence. It's a mindset: you are either a collaborator or an insurgent. That's what we need to accept, at the bottom, at the end of this long goddamn stomach churning bipolar week. It's what the Democrats in Congress need to realize: to collaborate is to be a traitor to a cause. The administration wants to steamroll for the next two years. It will treat all opposition as it's about to treat Fallujah: it doesn't matter how much shit you blow up, how much collateral damage is done, as long as its goals are met. What is the goal of our insurgency? To take back our country from its occupiers. And that's a hard, long slog of a battle. When we accept that there's no quick fix, like electing a President, we accept the chore of the next couple of decades."

So what to do now...Thinking Rocks says this?
Well, the verdict is in our long national nightmare has officially entered its second term. Unfortunately, I am not surprised that the majority of the morons who make up the voting public in this country actually chose 4 more years of the moron. I am, however, saddened and sickened by it. And I'm thoroughly fed up. I've heard that people tend to get the government they deserve and today I believe it.

So I've decided to vent my frustration by throwing my hat in the ring. That's right. I'm officially announcing my intention to run for the office of President of the United States of America in 2008. My campaign slogan and my platform are exactly the same, and they consist of three simple words:

Fuck You, America."

That’s right – Fuck You, America. More than half of you assholes decided that we need another 4 years of this nightmarish administration, and you’re dragging the rest of us down the toilet with you. So Fuck You.

I know this does not apply to everyone in this country (just most of you). If you’re not one of the people this applies to, ignore it. Or better yet, e-mail it to someone it does apply to. To the rest of you, I say: Fuck You, America.

When you whine because you bought the lies and your spouses, siblings and children get drafted because our all-volunteer army cannot supply enough bodies to support GWs foreign policy, my response is: Fuck You, America.
...He keeps going too...




|