Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community

(JavaScript Error)




linked to

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Slip of the tongue? Did he really admit to it?


Bush Says to Time Magazine (via drudge -- ugh) regarding the Not so Swift, Not so on the Boat, for Not much Truth smear.

“His service was honorable, as far as I’m concerned. This debate ought to be about who can lead the war on terror. And that’s where I’ll conduct it. I can understand why Senator Kerry is upset with us. I wasn’t so pleased with the ads that were run about me. And my call is get rid of them all, now.”
Now. Isn’t that nice. He understands. He even says he understands why “Kerry is upset with us”.

SCREEEEECH! BAAAAMMMM! TTTHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!

US !

Did he say, “us”?

BUSH: “I can understand why Senator Kerry is upset with us.”

(We hear the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. Far off in his dark evil lair, Karl Rove’s hand smacks the forehead we dare not speak of…Thunk.)

Yup it’s right there clear as day I’m liberally picking my jaw up from the floor.

Ok, maybe he misspoke. He says all kinds of things that don’t make a heck of a lotta sense.

Naw.

This was a classic Freudian slip.
Bush doesn’t do interviews very well. He has a hard time when unscripted. He also has a hard time when he’s totally under pressure. (Witness: “Tribal Sovereignty.”Come on People, a Presidential nervous breakdown.)

But I suppose when you have Rove’s hand up your ass, it has to be bloody uncomfortable. And you just might let it slip that you and your guys were behind the Not So Swift Not On the Boaters ...

Oopsie.

You gotta be kidding me. How could anyone with half a brain (I mean that in the kindest way, really) make that mistake? If you don’t have anything to do with it, uh, don’t say “us.” And especially if you are trying to say that you aren’t involved in any way. but folks keep dropping like flies




|